USS Avalon

JEBryson325JEBryson325 Member
edited February 2021 in Task Force 86

USS Avalon, NCC-81421
Star base 90, Day 1

The lift doors parted, and Jordan walked out onto the bridge. Her bridge. There had been times when she had
wondered if this day would ever come but she had worked her ass off for it and here it was. The Avalon was a small ship with just a crew of two hundred. It was currently docked at Star base 90 while the ship was stocked, and the crew arrived. She stood behind the center seat and rubbed her hands over the back of it. She was the perfect picture of composure but inside she was as giddy as a schoolgirl. She was startled by the sound of the turbo lift doors opening once more.

"Excuse me, Commander. I was just coming up here to get a look at my new station. I didn't know anyone else was aboard." said the young man that stepped out.

"No worries, Lieutenant. I was just doing the same. I'm Commander Jordan Kord." she said as she extended her hand.

Recognizing the name of his new CO, the young man jumped to attention. "My apologies, Ma'am. Lieutenant(jg) Colton Rigby reporting for duty, Ma'am."

"Relax, Lieutenant. We're still in dock and getting ready. There'll be time for the formalities later." Jordan said. "Rigby. You're the new Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer. It's nice to meet you." she added as she extended her hand once more.

She smiled when he nervously reached out and took it. After the handshake, she turned and gestured toward Rigby's station. "Please. Don't let me stop you."

As he nodded and walked away, she decided to take her own advice. She stepped back over to the captain's chair and took a seat.

As Jordan sat in her Captain’s chair, the lift doors opened once more. This time, a tall Bajoran stepped out and surveyed the bridge. She recognized him immediately as her First Officer. She stood and approached with her hand extended once more.

“Commander Orso. So nice to meet finally meet you. I’m Captain Kords.” She said.

“Ma’am.” He said as he came to attention. “I want to thank you for giving me this opportunity.”

“I’ve read your records, Commander. There’s no doubt in my mind that you deserve it. Let’s continue this in the ready room, shall we?” she replied.

They entered the Ready Room and she offered the young Bajoran a seat. “Would you like  drink?” she asked as she headed for the replicator.

“No thank you, Captain.”

Once Jordan retrieved her coffee, she walked to the other side of her desk and took her own seat.

“So. Tell me a little about yourself, Commander.” Jordan said as she took a sip of her drink.

Jaard knew she had read his file but that she was looking for what wasn’t there. He gave her a little background information. He had nothing to hide.

“That’s very interesting.” She began. I’ll have to keep some of that in mind.”

She reached over and retrieved a PADD and handed it to him. “I took the liberty of preparing some files for you on our senior staff. Seeing as we depart in less than a week, I think you should get to know them.”

Jaard accepted the PADD and activated it.

Lieutenant Commander Marc Thomas, Chief Science Officer/Second Officer

Lieutenant Kybias Th'vannerh Chief Security/Tactical Officer

Lieutenant(jg) Colton Rigby, Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer

Lieutenant(jg) Naomi Matthems, Chief Flight Control Officer

Lieutenant Garret Hobbs, Chief Engineering Officer

Lieutenant Samantha Kords, Chief Medical Officer

“Looks like a solid crew. Did you get to hand pick each of us?” he asked the Captain.

“Not all.” Jordan admitted. “But most.”

“Well then. If there’s nothing else, Captain, I’d like to tour the ship. It’s my first time aboard an Argonaut. And I now have some reading material while I tour.”

“Sounds like a plan, Commander. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.” answered Jordan.

After Jaard stood and exited the Ready Room, Jordan walked over to the window and looked out. She still couldn’t believe she was really here. Not for the first time, she reached up and pinched herself on the arm to insure she wasn’t dreaming.

(713)