Vandorin’s Bistro

capiernocapierno Member, Moderator, Admiralty
edited April 2020 in Day 1

[Day 1: 0838]
[Vandorin’s Bistro]

Bob wiped his mouth with the provided cloth napkin, not something he was used to - but welcome nonetheless. The accommodations on the starbase were expected to reach capacity rather quickly, at least that was the word from Commodore Beckett his staff. Bob couldn't fathom the idea of a place like this reaching capacity, however, that was not his battle to fight. "Anyway, like I said. Asking our staff to bunk up is nothing more than a precautionary measure. We do not intend to be short on anything around here. Do you think this is the first time Starfleet has hosted a conference before?" Bob chuckled slightly as he placed his napkin back down on the table. Across from him was an assigned journalist from a FedSoc Weekly - a publication he was trying to make nice with.

Janice took a note down on her PADD. "So no one is being required to bunk up?" She said.

"Listen," Bob started, "I'm not going to get caught in a he said - he said trap. Commodore Beckett has everything in hand, he and his staff have been planning for this conference for months. For any more information you'll need to go to him." Bob brought up a small holo screen from his PADD and gently pressed a few commands to send some information over to Janice's device. "This is what I'm more interested in talking about." He said.

Janice furrowed her brow as she brought up the information on her PADD. "N-E-O?" She asked. "What's that supposed to mean? The public isn't going to be interested in another one of Starfleet's acronyms."

Bob took a sip from his coffee before he continued. "I reserved you a good seat at the briefings this afternoon. I hope that this will make up for any... inconsistencies we found ourselves involved in, in the past." Placing his cup down, he continued, "I want to make sure you are giving us the benefit of some good press. I am not passing this information around to everyone. You're getting a few hours headstart, but everything is embargoed until after the briefing." Bob could tell that Janice was reading through the information as he watched her eyes grow wider.

"T-this looks like..." She was interrupted by Bob.

"Yes. It's time we get back to what we've always been good at." Bob smiled.

Rear Admiral Robert Dowd, Bravo Fleet Communications Officer
Captain Richard Sterling, Commanding Officer - USS Armstrong
Captain Charles Scotto, Commanding Officer - USS Devastator, TF93