The Archanis Campaign: Task Force 93 Releases

LeahLeah Member
edited February 2021 in Official Releases

[Devron Fleet Yards]
[Operations Center]

Station was buzzing with activity, whether it be officers working on their daily routines to civilians walking around the promenade browsing the shops. Ships would come and go throughout the day. Normally Azras would just go straight to Ops from her quarters but this morning was different. Once arriving on the promenade deck she looked at all the people walking around, shops just opening up for the day.

“Good morning Captain,” came a reply from one of the shop owners as she passed by. She nodded in reply, “good morning to you, how is your shop doing?” She asked as she was generally curious how they were doing.

“We have had our good days and bad but overall things are where I expect them to be.” Came the reply from the owner. “That is good to hear, if you need anything please let me know,” Azras replied as they both talked for a few more minutes before she moved on. 

Noticing a little coffee shop she hadn’t seen before, she decided to stop by. Walking in she took a look around as they were still in the process of getting things fully set up. “Welcome,” came the voice from behind the counter. “Sorry about the mess we are still trying to get things set up, what can I get you?” Said the young woman, who seems to be the owner.

“Nothing, I just noticed the new shop while I was passing by and wanted to welcome you,” Azras replied with a smile, she was going to say something else but as soon as she opened her mouth her combadge chirped. “Commander Mirel to Captain Dex please report to Ops immediately,” Sari replied over the comm channel, sighing she apologized to the owner who seemed to understand. 

“Business always comes first, I am sure we will get another chance to talk.” Came the reply of the women with a smile before Azras walked off. “On my way Commander,” Azras replied as she made her way out of the shop and headed toward the turbolift.

A few short moments later she arrived in Ops, “Report.” She said as Sari just finished coming down the stairs to greet the Captain. “There is an urgent message from an Admiral at Starbase 27 waiting for you in your office,” Sari replied looking at her as they both made their way up the stairs.

“Very well,” Azras replied as she made her way into her office and took a seat behind her desk. Turning on her computer she began to read the communication that was marked as urgent. 

For several months several colonies in the Meronia Cluster that’s located in the Archanis Sector near Klingon Space, have been ravaged with a fungal disease that has been affecting their crops. Now, there is a new problem that has presented itself turning a disaster into pure chaos. The D’Ghor Hunters are a rogue Klingon faction that has since attacked several colonies in that area.

There have been increasing attacks by these Klingons and would like you to dispatch all available ships and personnel to the Meronia Cluster to assist with aid to the colonies affected, to patrol the area to identify potential targets in hopes to stop them before they attack again. Also, we would like you to report to Starbase 27 to facilitate communication with your Task Force.

Attached to this communication is the information we have on the D’Ghor Hunters as well as the Colonies. 

Azras read the files that were sent to her when she was finished she downloaded all information to a padd. “Commander Mirel please report to my office,” Azras said over the comm channel but didn’t give Sari a chance to respond, she closed it. A few moments later Sari walked into the office as she knew something was up by the sound of urgency in her voice.

“Please have a seat,” Azras instructed Sari who nodded and took her seat and looked at her. Handing her the padd with the information on it Sari began to read. She raised her eyebrow, “this is serious.” Sari said as she finished reading, “I am leaving you in charge of the Task Force here while I am at Starbase 27 coordinating the ships that are being dispatched. I would like regular reports on how things are going here,” Azras said as she adjusted in her chair.

“Aye sir, will keep things in line here,” Sari responded as she handed the padd back to the Captain. 

“The Vesta should be arriving here within the hour,” Azras added as Sari nodded as they both stood up and walked out of the office and departed ways as Azras headed towards her quarters to pack a few things she will need on her trip plus say her goodbyes to her husband and son as it would be a while before she would be able to return.

“Sir, the USS Vesta has arrived and is ready when you are,” Sari replied over the comm channel. “Thank you, Commander,” she replied as she ended the channel. She said her goodbyes and headed towards the turbolift that would lead her to the transporter room. 

Upon arriving she stepped on the transporter room padd, “the Vesta is ready when you are.” Came the reply of the transporter room chief. Azras nodded, “energize.” Came the reply as the transporter came to life and she disappeared from Devron Fleet Yards.

[USS Vesta]
[Conference Room]

Captain Azras Dex had arrived on the transporter room padd aboard the USS Vesta, “welcome aboard Captain.” Adams replied as Azras walked off the padd and greeted the younger Captain. “Thank you, Captain, thank you for arriving so promptly and agreeing to take me to Starbase 27,” Dex replied before she requested the use of the ship's conference room for an important subspace meeting. “I request your presence in the meeting as well,” Azras added as they headed out of the transporter room and headed straight for the spacious conference room.

Shortly after they arrived, she informed her Executive Officer to head towards Starbase 27 and that they were not to be disturbed. Walking in Makayla took her seat as Azras walked over to the console and tapped a few buttons to get both Commander Joryn Tarvos and Captain Felrak Vordenna who were her Task Group Commanding Officers.

After a few moments, they both came on the screen that was in front of the table, “thank you both for joining me today.” She replied looking at both men on the screen that was divided to where they were side by side on the same screen. They were able to see each other as well as both herself and Makayla.

Vordenna straightened up in his ready room chair as the communication link was activated. It had been a long time since he had received anything on a Task Force priority level channel. Whatever this was, it was big enough to tear him away from a conference with the Son’a. 

“Pleasure to be here, Captains.” He addressed both of the officers on screen. 

Commander Tarvos appeared in a new window on the screen, the door to the bridge of the Gibraltar still closing in the background. “Captains,” he said with a nod of his head. A look of concern became evident on his face as he noted that all of the Task Force Command officers were present. 

“We have a situation at hand, I am on my way to Starbase 27 as we speak aboard the USS Vesta, which Captain Adams here commands.” She replied as she gestured to Makayla who nodded to both of them. She tapped a few buttons on the console and sent them a map of the Meronia Cluster in the Archanis Sector. “For several months several colony worlds have been ravaged with a fungal disease that is affecting their crops.” She began as she looked at them looking at their reactions before Adams spoke up.

“But what does that have to do with us? Why not just send a couple of ships to help with that situation?” She asked not knowing about the D’Ghor Hunters situation, “Normally that would be the case Captain, but there is more to that situation.” Dex replied looking at the Captain who raised an eyebrow but didn’t say anything further.

Tapping the console again, she sent them information on what she had about the D’Ghor Hunters. “A rogue group of Klingons known as the D’Ghor Hunters and they have been attacking several of the colonies that have already been affected by the problem with their crops. Which for them, this has turned this disaster into chaos.” She replied as she looked at the two.

“Rogue Klingons,” Vordenna mused, “I can see the cause for concern.”

“That certainly complicates things,” agreed Tarvos.

“Indeed it does, so we are sending as many ships that are available to the Meronia Cluster, to assist the colonies that have been hit. The Vesta here will patrol the area  looking for potential targets for more attacks.” She began as Makayla nodded as she reviewed the information about the hunters. “I would like both of you to contact your prospective ships in your task group and assign them to either assisting in giving humanitarian aid to those being affected or patrolling the cluster with the Vesta.” She said looking at both of them, “Questions?” She asked as she adjusted in her chair.

“None, Captain,” Tarvos responded. “Gibraltar will set course for Starbase 27 immediately and I will instruct the remainder of Task Group 44 rendezvous with us there.”

Vordenna spoke quickly, “Understood. The Ahwahnee will put out the word. Task Group 58 will rally at Starbase 27 before proceeding to the Meronia Cluster.”

Azras nodded, “I would like regular contact to keep me apprised of any updates and I will in turn contact both of you if I learned of anything else that needs to be relayed. If there isn’t anything else I will end this meeting.” Azras said looking at the two then looking at Makayla who just shook her head.

“We’ll be sending regular sitreps from the Ahwahnee, Captain. Good luck out there. That goes for you too, Commander Tarvos.”

“Thank you, Captain Vordenna,” Joryn replied before turning his gaze back to Captain Dex. “Gibraltar will keep in touch too. May you all have good fortune on your respective voyages.”

“Safe travels,” Azras replied before she ended the subspace channel and stood up. “If you could show me to my temporary quarters.” She requested Captain Adams who stood up and led her out of the conference room and towards where Azras will be staying until they reached the Starbase. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In this release

• Captain Dex gets word that Colonies in the Meronia Cluster have been affected by a fungal disease that has been affecting their crops.
  • Captain Dex also learns that the D’Ghor Hunters have also been hitting these colonies.
  • Captain Dex contacts Task Force Staff and dispatches ships to the area to provide humanitarian aid as well as patrol for potential targets.
  • Members of TF93 are encouraged (though certainly not required) to begin deploying their characters and avatar ships (should they have one) to the Meronia Cluster in the Archanis Sector to participate in the campaign.