USS Foxglove

AngelAngel Member
edited March 2021 in Task Force 72

It was a long two months since Commander Jana Dixon finally received her cloned left arm and right leg.  In her time at Starbase Bravo, she was starting to get used to the prosthetic limbs but she was yearning for the real things to come.  Physical therapy was the hardest part for her after the cloned limbs arrived.   The surgery was a success but now, came the painstaking time of getting her nerves to react with her new limbs.  Slowly, she went to all of the sessions that she was ordered to by Starfleet Medical.  Day by day, the limbs were reconnecting with the nerves on her own body.  The first few days were dealt with struggles as she was trying to walk on her own too fast.  After a few falls on the safety mats, she started to listen to the doctors advising her to take things slow and let her limbs do their magic... as her personal Doctor, Josie Cantrell advised.

In time, Jana's limbs did reconnect with her natural body nerves and in six weeks, she was starting to walk on her own.  Along with those reconnections, her left arm seemed to react almost as normally as her original left arm did.  Hooray for Science and Medicine!  Now, all that was left was for Starfleet to relieve her of her light duties temporarily as the Chief Personnel Officer for new Cadets at Mellanox III.  Jana really wanted to get back out into space and to be able to support other people or ships in need.  For a few days, she was trying to get through the mundane tasks of directing Cadets to where they needed to go to be successful but after 10 days of those tasks, she finally received a communique that she felt would have her Phoenix respond to it with open wings and arms.  The communique read as follows:

"Commander Dixon,
We have reviewed your records at Starfleet Command and we have felt that it is time for you to branch out into command of your own ship.  We know that you have been fast tracked into this position but we feel that that you are the best officer to take on such an enormous task as the one we are about to bestow upon you.  As of this moment of reading this communique, you are hereby promoted to the rank of Captain with all of the privileges and duties bestowed upon you.  You are hereby ordered to report to the McKinley Shipyards to meet up with your new ship... the USS Foxglove.  She is an Excelsior refit class with her main duties being support and Exploration.  The Exploration part will come soon but we need you to help co-ordinate support duties in the Arachnis Sector.  Tensions are mounting up there and we need the best Captains out there to give support to as many Federation starships that are in need.  Please do not disappoint me.  Click on "I confirm" on your PADD to let me know that you have received this message.  I have already had the pleasure of ordering your yeoman to place your fourth pip readily accessible for you to place it on your uniform.  I wish that I could promote you personally but these are desperate times that call for desperate measures. 

Good Luck, Captain Dixon.  As you always say, let our Spirit animals guide us to what we wish for in life.

Best Regards,
Admiral Thomas Muwekma
Personnel Director, Starfleet Command"

After reading the communique, Jan could not believe what she read.  At first, she thought it was a joke brought on by one of the cadets... but with reading the name of who sent the message, she knew that it was true.  Admiral Muwekma was one of the few Ohlone Indians that still survived and stayed true to his heritage... even more so than Jana did.  A message from him only convinced her that it was true.  Who else would know of her vision quest, what it meant to her and speak of her spirit animal other than her own people?  This convinced Jana to almost jump up in joy for a few seconds, feeling very happy that all of limbs worked to perfection now.  After her jubilation, it was time to get down to business  First off, she sent a small communique to her assistant, Commander Hyden, telling him of what her own communique was about.  With that sent, she reached out in front of her main PADD on her desk to see the fourth pip laying in front of it.  Taking the pip, she went to her wall sized mirror to the left of her desk so she could place it on her uniform properly.

After all of that was done, she tapped her commbadge to send out a message to the only yeoman that she could trust.  "Chief Cantrell?  Please come to my office.  I need help packing my essential items for transfer.  Please meet me in my office ASAP.  Thank you."  She ordered.... knowing that her new adventures were just beginning.