USS Hamilton

DraknoDrakno Member
edited May 2021 in Task Force 93

Most ships count missions or planets they explore, Science is all about knowing, but Engineers, it's all about doing. Our profession is not counted missions but by works created. Knowing is not enough, we must do.
"To the optimist explorer, the glass is half full. To the science pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it is needed to be."
Welcome to the USS Hamilton, an engineering ship of the Corp of Starfleet Engineers working with Task Force 93
to help rebuild the Romulan homeland and beyound.

Comments

• DraknoDrakno Member
    edited May 2021
    Stardate 76361.43
    Starfleet Academy main grounds.

"Commander you wanted to see me sir." Lieutenant Morgan said as she walked to the commander who was looking at a Memorial Plaque.
    "Yes I did Lieutenant. I heard you where going to Mars for the Engineering Division? William kept looking at the plaque.
    "Yes sir. Not to many places for me right now sir." Jamiee replied in a low tone voiced.
    "Well what if I told you there might be a position for you though it's not in engineering though."
    "Sir? What could I do that I'm any good at this point and time sir?"
    "Well the Hamilton is heading out and it needs an Executive Officer who needs to be from the Engineering Corp. Last I checked you
    had just been admitted to the Corp as a full member?"
    "Yes sir but I thought the ship was already crewed and the captain was a hard ass. Sir"
    "I'm sure he is but so are most captains. So you think you are up for the job? I can put in a good for you." William smiled.
    "Well I can try sir. I't would beat going to Mars for three years."
    "Good then. Let's get started" William replied
    "Yes sir. What do need to due?"
    William touches his badge. "Drakno to Hamilton. Two to beam up"
    "Yes Commander." Ensign Davis replied.
    Jamiee had a look of confusion on her faced as she is beamed up.

(Transporter pad 1)
    "Excuse me commander but I thought I would have to go through operations first."
    "Thank you Ensign." William steps down from the pad and heads out the door with Jamiee running behind him. "Operations already
    has cleared everything." Susan notices that there is a lot of activity going on around her and in the corridors.
    "Commander is something going here. I mean everyone is jumping around the place?"
    "Yep, the ship is about to leave the ship yard."
    "But sir, I don't have my bags with me?"
    "They are being beamed up as we speak. Should be in your room when you get off duty."
    "You mean I'm working today?"
    "You have been for the last ten minutes Lieutenant." As Drakno walks into a turbo lift and turns around. "Bridge" Just as Jamiee steps
    in the door. The lift races up the few levels to the bridge.  William steps out.

"Captain on the Bridge!" yelled Lieutenant Swiss. William stops and looks around the bridge where all the young recruits where standing at
    attention. "You all look very familiar to me, like we meet before." Drakno smiles and starts walking towards his command chair. "As you where "Mr Swiss status please." Drakno asked.
    "Sir all stations have reported in all green. All personal have checked in and we have been cleared by command sir."
    "Thank you Lieutenant." Drakno sits down in his command chair and looks up at Jamiee as she walks up.
    "Um sir, your the captain of the Hamilton? asked Jamiee with a puzzled look on her face.
    "Yep, have a set number one. Computer, add Lieutenant Jamiee Morgan as the executive officer as of the date as of my command."
    "Verified. Lieutenant Jamiee Morgan is now the Executive officer." The computer replied. Susan sits down and looks a little on the sick side.
    "Are you going to be ok Lieutenant? You don't look to well." Drakno asked.
    "Yes sir. It's just, um I didn't mean the thing about being a hard ass about you sir." Susan replied
    Drakno smiles as he looks back at helm. "Helm half impulse and take us out of here. Go to warp four once we cleared the safety zone."
    "Yes sir, half impulse to warp four once we are cleared. On your command captain." Ensign Le'May replied.
    "Mr. Le'May you are a cleared to go when your ready. "All hands this is the captain prepare to go to warp." William smiled as Le'May
    turned to helm to take control of the ship. It's always a joy seeing young officers smile when they get to do things on their own accord.
    Jamiee looked up and turned to the captain. "Sir, I'm at a total loose right now."
    "Don't worry Lieutenant, Over the next several weeks, I will get you to speed. The nice thing is you have a lot of your friends around so
    don't feel like your alone here. For now just seat back and enjoy the ride."

Drakno turned to the view screen and watched as the ship jumped to warp. Everyone was talking to each other and looking around. It
    would take a few days for the new feeling of being on a starship to where off but this recruits where already familiar with each other and had an understanding how each other worked. The real question is can Drakno get them ready for being in the a hostile environment.

(to be continued)
  • DraknoDrakno Member
    Captain's Log
    Stardate 76365.9

It's been a week in our shake down cruise and while there has been the normal issues of glitches in components, it's been the industrial

replicators that have been giving us the major problems. Even I have looked at the issue and I starting to think the unit itself is the fault,

in which case we will have to tear it down to parts and rebuild both of them. Nothing I our the crew are looking forward too.  As for the

my  new first officer, I started her off in bridge training and certification process. Since any department head can choose this path, I

thought this the best course of action. It seems the crew are responding to her as well.

(Ready room)
    =Door chimes=

"Come in" Drakno said.

A young medical doctor walks into the ready room with several PADD's in his hand. "Good morning captain."

"Ahh Good morning Doc Sabin, how are things in medical?"

"That's what I'm here for sir. It seems we didn't get all the supplies we thought we had gotten before leaving the fleet yards. Also
    I've notice that not all the medical records are completed as we had thought."

"Well that's the third department this week that has had the same issue. So let me guess, you tried to get with someone at the
    fleet yards and haven't gotten a rely back yet."

"Yes sir. is there something going on sir? Sabin asked in a nervous tone.

"With us, no but there are several issues that are showing up and I'm not liking it. I'll get with the academy and get the records
    since they have everyone's files for three months after graduation. Anyone else get with personally and ask them to see if they
    brought a copy of their transfer records. It should help fill in some holes. Sorry for the extra work Sabin but I'm getting a feeling
    we are on our own for now."

"Understand sir, I'll try and get what I can then. Also sir the emergency medical program is glitchy. Can someone from engineering
    come have a look at it please. It's been busy on second shift with a lot of minor injuries coming in."
    "I haven't heard we had so many Doc, is it something I need to look into then?

"I don't think so sir. It's just they are young officers pushing themselves a little to much. If I didn't know better they still have that
    academy competition complex still going on."

"Oh that again. Every year I was on the Akira, we got a bunch of new recruits, they always try to out do the next one hoping to
    get notice and promoted. Boy did they find out it wasn't what they thought it would be, more work and accountability.  It will
    go away in a few weeks doc, just let me know if something becomes a major issue or something strange shows up."

"Yes sir. thank you for the time sir." Sabin said.

"No problem doc. i'll pass the word to Lieutenant Morgan about getting someone from programming to check EMH."

"Thank you sir. Have a good day sir." Sabin said as he turned to leave the ready room.

William watch him leave as he sat back in his chair. So the ship left the ship yards missing supplies and we have glitchy systems.
    "Computer, who cleared all the supplies for the Hamilton before we left dry dock."
    Computer "Checking" Captain John Denver of Fleet command completed and signed off on all records for the USS Hamilton."
    "Ok, send all records he signed off on to my desk." Drakno said.

Computer: "All records have been sent, located in section A-3"

"Thanks computer off." Drakno said I he though out loud. Let's have a look at these records shall we."

(to be continued)