Task Force 93 Briefing - Part 3: The Next Steps

capiernocapierno Member, Moderator, Admiralty
edited April 2020 in Day 3

[Starbase Bravo - Meeting Room A]
[Day 03 - 1300 Hours]

Juliet smiled and acknowledged the crowd. “Thank you very much for your attention.” She stepped off her stool, allowing Yeoman Zhen to move it. Kara shook Juliet's hand and gave her a gentle pat on her arm as she stepped back up beside here at the podium "Thank you Commodore St.Clair, now we have some fantastic news to share with everyone" Kara turned and smiled at Robert as she gave way for him at the podium "Bob?"

Bob shot back a gentle smile. He had gotten to work with a number of 4th fleet personnel over the last few months - some of the best that Starfleet had to offer. After so much negativity, he was pleased to finally be announcing something positive - something that 4th Fleet command and Kara had been working on for the last several months. "Thank you Admiral Thrace." He said as he stood behind the podium. Nodding slightly to those assembled he began.

"You're probably used to me standing behind a podium like this ready to deliver bad news." He paused for a moment to let their reactions settle. "Today, I'm happy to say I'm not here for that." Pressing a button on his PADD, the monitors behind the large framed man turned on to display a starchart, specifically the edge of Federation space in the Raeyan sector. "Starfleet's mission has always been one of peace and exploration. And, despite events and decisions that have transpired over the last twenty years, we have never faltered from that mission. Today, however, I'm proud to announce that we have renewed our vision. With the express direction of the Federation Council, and the approval of Starfleet Command, elements of Bravo Fleet's Task Force 93 will be leading New Exploration Operations into deep space beyond the area traditionally known as the Raeyan Sector."

As the crowd started to mumble, Bob took a swig from a handy glass of water situated under the top of the podium. "We owe much thanks to Admiral Johnson and the skeleton crew he has been leading in the Raeyan Sector for some time. However, our vision must be set on what's next. What else is out there. There are lightyears of uncharted space that up until now, we have been hesitant to explore - dare I say fearful. Today, with the launch of this new initiative we seek to conquer that fear and bring peace to all those we discover."

Bob paused as he looked around the crowd to find the diamond in the rough - literally since his smoke-white hair could be seen easily amongst the dark tones around the room. "Captain Richard Sterling, of the USS Armstrong will be one of the lead commanding officers taking on this duty." Dowd gestured to the captain from the stage. "Captain, thank you for taking on this bold new mission." Bob began to lead a round of applause.

If he had been sitting, Dick might have fallen out of his chair. He didn't expect to be commented on, let alone pointed out from the stage by the brass. Little did these folks know, this was probably the last thing he wanted to be doing. He bit down on his lower lip and pulled out a quick smile and a wave as the press and other officers clapped around him.

Kara led the round of applause that now filled the room as she approached the podium with Juliet to stand next to Bob Dowd "At this point, I am happy to take any questions you may have and we will do our best to answer them"

Rear Admiral Robert Dowd, Bravo Fleet Communications Officer
Captain Richard Sterling, Commanding Officer - USS Armstrong
Captain Charles Scotto, Commanding Officer - USS Devastator, TF93